The Select Committee listening to presentations related to the TPPA is the "Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Committee". It is currently made up of
- Mark Mitchell (Chairperson) - National Party, Rodney
- Dr Shane Reti (Deputy Chairperson) - National Party, Whangarei
- David Bennett - National Party, Hamilton East
- Hon Phil Goff - Labour Party, Mt Roskill
- Dr Kennedy Graham - Green Party, List
- Jami-Lee Ross - National Party, Botany
- David Shearer - Labour Party, Mt Albert
- Fletcher Tabuteau - NZ First, List
- Lindsay Tisch - National Party, Waikato
- Dr Jian Yang - National Party, List
My big question regarding the Select Committee hearings related to the TPPA is what powers does the Select Committee have, and why are they bothering to hear submissions?
I have not yet seen any inkling of an answer to that question.